Welcome Medical Professionals!
This healthcare professional-oriented area of our website contains information and resources to help augment your expertise in diagnosing and treating hyperhidrosis.
Especially useful is our Video Library containing detailed videos demonstrations of key techniques in hyperhidrosis treatment, such as onabotulinumtoxinA injection skills for submammary, axillary, palmar, plantar, and craniofacial hyperhidrosis.
Other essential information for your practice includes:
- An overview of hyperhidrosis with a focus on how patients are impacted, and key information on pathophysiology, epidemiology, and secondary causes of excessive sweating.
- Diagnosis guidelines
- Treatment options based on areas affected and with information on efficacy, adverse effects, treatment protocols, and long-term outcomes.
- Clinical guidelines for treatment, with a treatment algorithm for common types of primary focal hyperhidrosis.
- Hyperhidrosis in the medical literature - an extensive list of scientific publications on hyperhidrosis and related topics with links to abstracts and full text (when available)
- Hyperhidrosis educational events - discover best practices, what's new, and more through continuing medical education
- Clinician Finder practice registration - so patients can find you.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about hyperhidrosis, its significant impacts on patients’ quality of life, and the latest management techniques. Through diagnosis and treatment, you have the power to greatly improve the lives of those affected by this devastating condition.
The information provided in this section of SweatHelp.org is provided as a service solely for use by healthcare professionals and does not constitute a recommendation from the International Hyperhidrosis Society. As with all scientific and medical research, this information should be read with discernment. Some hyperhidrosis study results and journal articles may not yet be included in our content. If you know of research that is applicable to this site, please let us know by sending an e-mail to info@SweatHelp.org.