About the International Hyperhidrosis Society
Hyperhidrosis (extreme, uncontrollable sweating affecting 4.8% of people) is often misunderstood, misrepresented and mismanaged, but for the past 18 years the International Hyperhidrosis Society (IHhS) has been bringing the full range of stakeholders to the table to transform missed opportunities into an impactful mission.
From individual sufferers and health providers, to pharma, biotech and regulatory bodies, IHhS provides and fosters advocacy that’s collaborative and cross-pollinating for meaningful improvements in hyperhidrosis diagnosis, care, and understanding.
Although excessive sweating continues to cause excessive suffering, we’re working towards a cure.
Founded in 2003 by an elite team of world-respected physicians and experts in hyperhidrosis research, the International Hyperhidrosis Society is the only independent, non-profit, global organization that strives to improve quality of life among those affected by excessive sweating and... we know no boundaries. Our community brings together people from all over the world; creating a global network for advocacy, support, and information-sharing. We are a registered charity under section 501(c)3 of the IRS tax code and 100% of your donation is tax deductible (for U.S. residents). Each member of our Board of Directors is a dedicated volunteer.
Our mission is to reduce the symptoms, anxiety, and social stigma associated with excessive sweating by improving the information, support, and treatment available to the millions of children, teens, and adults affected by hyperhidrosis worldwide. As part of our mission, we promote hyperhidrosis research, educate healthcare professionals in optimal, up-to-date hyperhidrosis diagnosis and management, raise awareness about this condition's emotional, economic, and life impacts, and advocate for improved patient access to effective treatments, all while also listening carefully to the voices of hyperhidrosis sufferers and increasing public understanding of this debilitating medical condition.
Please explore this site to learn more about hyperhidrosis itself and our programs. Content areas include:
- Comprehensive discussions about normal sweating, excessive sweating, and hyperhidrosis
- A Clinician Finder to locate healthcare providers in your area who understand and treat excessive sweating
- The latest information regarding excessive sweating treatment options
- In-depth hyperhidrosis insurance and reimbursement tools (including downloadable forms) to help patients work with their physicians and health insurance plans to secure financial assistance for necessary treatments
- Practical tips to make the most out of medical appointments
- Information about hyperhidrosis clinical trials
- News Blog that keeps 50,000+ subscribers current on hyperhidrosis news and medical breakthroughs (sign up here)
The International Hyperhidrosis Society is the world's largest organization dedicated to hyperhidrosis. If you are a member of a news or media organization and would like to connect with medical experts, patient advocates, and/or hyperhidrosis sufferers, please contact our co-founder and Executive Director, Lisa J. Pieretti via our Contact Us form or send an old fashioned letter to:
International Hyperhidrosis Society
348 Cafferty Road
Pipersville, PA 18947 USA
Welcome to our global community! We look forward to seeing how you'll get involved today.