Hyperhidrosis Happenings: New Research, Education Events & More
The hyperhidrosis (Hh) world is buzzing! Get your dose of inspiration here and now!
Keep up with Hh Research:
So far in 2023, we’ve added more than 25 hyperhidrosis-related abstracts and papers to our Published Scientific Research library. If you want to know the latest in excessive sweating research or dig into the history of a particular sweat topic or treatment, this is the place to start.
Highlights of recent research you can find in our library include:
- Long-term efficacy and safety of 1% glycopyrronium bromide cream in patients with severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis
- Hyperhidrosis in Parkinson’s disease: a 3-year prospective cohort study
- Open-label cohort study to evaluate efficacy and safety of application of glycopyrronium cloth, 2.4% for palmar hyperhidrosis
- How to prevent, reduce, and treat severe post sympathetic chain compensatory hyperhidrosis
- Unexpected improvement of hyperhidrosis with cannabidiol
And we can’t wait for the release of Dr. David Pariser’s late-breaking research, presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) on March 18, 2023 regarding outcomes from the SAHARA Clinical Study on the TAT patch for excessive axillary sweating. Watch our library page for updates.
A Note to our Hyperhidrosis Community: Be your best healthcare advocate. Not only do hyperhidrosis care providers need to stay abreast of new research, but we also encourage patients to be involved in their hyperhidrosis healthcare by reading the research listed in our library. Informed patients actively involved in their healthcare result in improved outcomes and patient satisfaction. Use this research as a basis for discussion with your healthcare provider.
Attend these upcoming Hh education events:
- 18th Annual Music City SCALE (Symposium for Cosmetic Advances & Laser Education), May 17-21, Nashville, Tenn., where our board member Dr. Dee Anna Glaser will present “Hyperhidrosis in 2023: How I Treat My Patients.” Got important data to share? Research abstracts are due April 17th.
- 25th World Congress of Dermatology, July 3-8, Singapore. Register online for a reduced rate by June 23rd. IHhS board members Dr. Glaser and Dr. Pariser will each give lectures on hypo - and hyperhidrosis along with Dr. Jaishree Sharad from India and Dr. Gabriel Gontijo from Brazil.
Submit your Abstracts and Apply for Grants & Scholarships:
Deadlines are approaching!
For the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress in Berlin, Oct. 11-14, 2023:
- Submit research abstracts by May 9th
- Apply for scholarships by May 10th and reduced registration by Sept. 27th
- Get an early bird discount on general registration up until June 14th
Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance’s (PeDRA’s) 2023 Emerging Investigators Research Grants Program for medical students and pediatric residents has May 4th and August 3rd deadlines. Learn more and apply.
We hope this hit list helps you stay on top of the research and education happening in the hyperhidrosis world so far this year! Stay tuned throughout the year as we will be adding more publications to our Scientific Research page as well as conferences and events to our Medical Education page.
Did we miss an event that you’re excited to attend or a research paper you want to make sure we add to our library? Let us know!
Want to hear more from a particular hyperhidrosis researcher or about a certain study? Tell us that, too!
Healthcare professionals: Place your order here for patient education brochures to display in your waiting and exam rooms to show that your practice is hyperhidrosis-friendly and aware. Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.