Hyperhidrosis Awareness Month: YOU Made it Amazing!
After another unprecedented year with numerous important issues for us to turn our attention to, we are so thankful for and inspired by the hyperhidrosis (Hh) community for making 2021’s Hyperhidrosis Awareness Month so impactful! After you reflect on the month and its impacts, please consider donating to the International Hyperhidrosis Society for #GivingTuesday.
You rocked our three #HyperhidrosisAwarenessMonth quizzes (ICYMI: quizzes 1, 2, and 3 are still available) to #KnowSweat more than ever and learned useful – and fun – facts along the way! Our quiz contest winners will be announced in December, and will receive prizes from eight of our Fan Fave businesses.
Brickell Biotech, Inc and miraDry, Inc, Inc were big supporters throughout the month, and we are grateful to them. Huge thanks, also, to ZeroSweat for their generosity.
During Hyperhidrosis Awareness Month, we held our first live global webinar where you were welcome to "Ask Me Anything About miraDry!" IHhS Executive Director, Lisa J. Pieretti, acted as moderator and posed questions submitted by attendees (as well as a few of her own) to panelists who are experts in miraDry treatment. More than 160 registrants joined in from:
United States, France, Cyprus, Greece, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Finland, Italy, Canada, Australia, South Korea, Denmark, Kenya, Austria, Tunisia, Kenya, Mexico, Qatar, Iraq, Colombia, Ireland, Egypt, Philippines, New Zealand, Ecuador, South Africa, Germany, Nepal, Guatemala, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Ghana, Netherlands!
The webinar recording will be available soon, so be sure you are subscribed to our news alerts to receive the link and find out everything you ever wanted to know about this permanent underarm excessive sweating treatment.
Throughout November we used our website (SweatHelp.org), press release, and social media platforms to share key information about hyperhidrosis, its impacts, and treatments, and we’re so gratified many other organizations joined in, too, to spread the word that excessive sweating is serious, common, and needs research and attention. The following amplifiers have been especially important in raising awareness of hyperhidrosis among medical providers this year, including:
- Dermatology Times: two-part video series with two of IHhS founding Board Members, Dr. David Pariser and Dr. Dee Anna Glaser.
- The Dermatologist: six-part video series featuring Dr. David Pariser. Video one, two, three, four, five and six.
- LivDerm: patient perspective from a Hh community member, Megan Pepple, RN.
- Next Steps in Derm: another powerful real life story from the Hh community, along with a mnemonic for SWEAT to help improve understanding of the seriousness of excessive sweating and how healthcare professionals provide optimal Hh care.
- Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance (PeDRA): a conversation with IHhS Executive Director, Lisa J. Pieretti, about the burden and stigma surrounding pediatric hyperhidrosis (watch for new research on this topic) along with interviews with the Cerrone family who live with multi-generational instances of excessive sweating including among the young children in the households.
- And still to come, more Hh educational content promised from the Coalition of Skin Diseases (CSD), DERMFoot, and Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants (SDPA).
Huge thank you to Megan, Sam and the Cerrone family for sharing their stories and Dr. David Pariser and Dr. Dee Anna Glaser for always giving so much of their time to discuss hyperhidrosis on a consequential, motivating level. Thanks, also, to Dr. Adam Friedman who has a key interview coming up with SDPA.
For those of us in the United States, and together with many parts of the world, this is a time to reflect on things we are grateful for as we head into a season of giving. As an Hh community, we have much to be thankful for. Most importantly, the support, understanding, and useful information we share with one another.
We are have been touched by the individual donors who contributed to our work this year. Thank you: John, David, Vika, Benjamin, Tom, and Judith, MD for your generosity and example.
This Giving Tuesday, we hope you will also consider a donation to the International Hyperhidrosis Society to help us continue this important work. We are the only registered charity focused entirely on hyperhidrosis, and 96% of every donation goes into programs that educate, empower and serve. You can also maximize your gift by asking your employer to match it. Ask about your organization's matching gift program and forms, or use our Matching Gift Form. Prefer mail? Checks and/or matching gift forms can be sent to:
International Hyperhidrosis Society
348 Cafferty Road
Pipersville, PA 18947
Thank you for being a part of this work. You keep us going on so many levels, and we’re already looking forward to Hyperhidrosis Awareness Month 2022!
We heartfully thank YOU, our 2021 individual donors, miraDry, Inc, Brickell Biotech, Inc, ZeroSweat, and these sister organizations who are lifting the global #HyperhidrosisAwarenessMonth. #KnowSweat2021 @SweatingStopsHere