The information in this section is provided in order to help augment healthcare professionals’ expertise in diagnosing and treating hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating.
Of particular note, the International Hyperhidrosis Society publishes an Online Learning Video Library detailing important hyperhidrosis treatment techniques such as onabotulinumtoxinA injection technique training videos for submammary, axillary, palmar, plantar, and craniofacial hyperhidrosis.
In this section of SweatHelp.org, you will also find a wealth of information essential to your practice such as:
- An overview of hyperhidrosis, with a focus on how patients are affected, as well as on the pathophysiology, epidemiology, and secondary causes of excessive sweating.
- Guidelines for diagnosis.
- Treatment options presented in terms of areas affected, efficacy, adverse effects, treatment protocols, and long-term outcome.
- Clinical guidelines for treatment, with a treatment algorithm for each type of focal primary hyperhidrosis.
- Schedule of worldwide hyperhidrosis educational events.
- Physician Finder practice registration.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about hyperhidrosis, its significant impacts on patients’ quality of life, and the latest management techniques. The care you provide is essential to improving the lives of those affected by this devastating condition.
The information provided in this section of SweatHelp.org is provided as a service solely for use by healthcare professionals and does not constitute a recommendation from the International Hyperhidrosis Society. As with all scientific and medical research, this information should be read with discernment. Some hyperhidrosis study results and journal articles may not yet be included in our content. If you know of research that is applicable to this site, please let us know by sending an e-mail to info@SweatHelp.org.