Founded in 2003 by an elite team of world-respected physicians and experts in hyperhidrosis research, the International Hyperhidrosis Society is the only independent, non-profit, global organization that strives to improve quality of life among those affected by excessive sweating. The International Hyperhidrosis Society knows no boundaries; it is composed of people from all over the world, making it a true global network of understanding, advocacy, information, and resources. We are a registered charity under section 501(c)3 of the IRS tax code and 100% of your donation is tax deductible (for U.S. residents). Each member of our Board of Directors is a dedicated volunteer.
Our mission is to reduce the symptoms, anxiety, and social stigma associated with excessive sweating by improving the information, support, and treatment available to the millions (3% of the population) of children, teens, and adults affected by hyperhidrosis worldwide. As part of our mission, we promote hyperhidrosis research, educate healthcare professionals in optimal hyperhidrosis diagnosis and management, raise awareness about the condition's emotional and economic impacts, and advocate for improved patient access to effective treatments, all while also increasing public understanding of this debilitating medical condition. We also build programs that connect those who suffer from hyperhidrosis with those who provide care.
Be sure to peruse our rich online content including:
- Comprehensive discussions about normal sweating, excessive sweating, and hyperhidrosis
- A Physician Finder to locate healthcare providers in your area who understand and treat excessive sweating
- The latest information regarding excessive sweating treatment options
- In-depth hyperhidrosis insurance and reimbursement tools (including downloadable forms) to help patients work with their physicians and health insurance plans to secure financial coverage for necessary treatments
- Practical tips to make the most out of medical appointments
- Information about hyperhidrosis clinical trials
- News Blog that keeps 50,000+ subscribers current on hyperhidrosis news and medical breakthroughs (sign up here)
The International Hyperhidrosis Society is the world's largest organization dedicated to hyperhidrosis. If you are a member of a news or media organization and would like to connect with medical experts, patient advocates, and/or hyperhidrosis sufferers, please contact our co-founder and Executive Director, Lisa J. Pieretti via our Contact Us form or send an old fashioned letter to 1260 Smythe Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29492 USA.
Welcome to our global community! We look forward to seeing how you'll get involved today.