Why We Do What We Do
Our gift to YOU today is a special episode of our Know Sweat Podcasts. In it, we sit down with renowned hyperhidrosis experts and International Hyperhidrosis Society co-founders and leaders Dee Anna Glaser, MD and David M. Pariser, MD for an in-depth conversation with fellow IHhSers Lisa J. Pieretti and Marilyn Perez-Mendoza.
From the heart of IHhS’ origins and future, to why these medical scientists who could do nearly anything have chosen hyperhidrosis as their focus, you’re sure to discover something new and inspiring when you tune in. Dr. Glaser and Dr. Pariser bring bountiful energy and passion to their hyperhidrosis research, teaching and clinical care. They are known worldwide for their work and patients often travel incredible distances to find them. They are friends, colleagues and compassionate humans who you’ll want to welcome into your earbuds. If you’ve been turned away, dismissed or short-changed in your search for hyperhidrosis care, here are the consummate professionals on your side.
Join us for a discussion of hyperhidrosis' unpredictability, genetic ties, psycho-social overlay, the search for control and empowerment, and the importance of individualized treatment plans. After 15 years of generating hyperhidrosis awareness and providing healthcare professional education and training, we've made remarkable progress. There really is help out there -- and in this podcast you'll learn from the experts how to find it!
As we keep advocating, we hope you will too. Thanks for listening.
Another November behind us and we're so proud and grateful for the enthusiasm, hard work and collaboration of our community. You helped make the month a huge success. Results included:
- 106,400 NEW visitors to SweatHelp.org coming to us from all over the world (especially USA, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, India, Philippines, South Africa, Singapore, New Zealand, and Malaysia.)
- 37,000 SOCIAL media impressions.
- 816 NEW subscribers to our alerts and blogs.
- 45 MORE healthcare providers registered in our Physician Finder.
- 4 additional Know Sweat Podcasts DEBUTED.
Thanks also to the following awesome organizations who teamed up with the International Hyperhidrosis Society to share pivotal Hyperhidrosis Awareness Month messages:
- National Association of School Nurses and Canadian Paediatric Society (after all, primary hyperhidrosis often first manifests during childhood or adolescence.)
- Dermatology Nurses' Association and Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants (remember, hyperhidrosis care doesn't just come from doctors; nurses are among the most trusted professionals in the world and both nurses and physician assistants often can provide longer, more flexible appointments.)
- American Podiatric Medical Association (our soles are our foundation on the earth; unfortunately plantar hyperhidrosis can have negative impacts on feet with implications for safety and function.)
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, British Association of Dermatologists, Dr. Alba Catala Gonzalo of Hospital Plato, and Canadian Dermatology Association (of course, hyperhidrosis knows no borders and there are 365 million hyperhidrosis sufferers worldwide.)
- George Washington University School of Medicine's Department of Dermatology, International Alliance of Dermatology Patient Organizations, Alliance for Patient Access, Derma Care Access Network, the South Beach Symposium, Dermatology Times, SELF, and MDedge (we're grateful for fellow educational, informational and patient-focused groups with whom we share many priorities.)
#KnowSweat #KnowSweat2019 #KnowMyHhStory #MyHhStory #HhAwarenessMonth